Busy. Busy. Tick. Tick. Tick. Overworked? Underpaid? Overwhelmed? Freaking out? Sound familiar? Raise your hands if you’re dreaming of a day where your to-do list is done.
Recently I announced that I was going on a “To-do list” diet. Eat less, exercise more, get skinny! Say yes to less, do more and watch the to-do’s disappear! That’s where I am at …
5 quick and easy tips to get you going …
1. Start with a Brain dump. Get all the idea’s that are spinning around in your head, and dump them on a list somewhere.
2. Find all the other serviettes, back of envelopes, cell phone messages, calendar squiggles and random To-Do’s that are written all over the place and add these to your list. Great! Now you have a Master List. One life and One list of all the stuff that you are responsible for. Do you feel better?
3. Now think about your Revenue Line. What are the things that you do in your business that bring in the money? What are the things in your personal life that are the non-negotiable priorities? These are your number one’s.
4. Put a 1,2, or 3 alongside every item on your Master List, giving your highest Revenue line items a 1 and (you guessed it) the lowest a 3.
5. Now, focus only on the 1’s … less overwhelming than focusing on the whole list don’t you think? Still too many? Try throwing the 4 D’s at your list:
- Delegate: Who could do this instead of you?
Do I really have to do this? Or can I
- Diminish: How could I do this in 10 minutes instead of an
Do I have to do this now, or could it wait till later?
“Life is too short and time is too precious to waste on nonsense.” What are you doing today and can you feel those to-do kilo’s slipping off already?
Please share your tips on working smart and not hard … we all want to have time to chill, be happy and love life and still be brilliant and amazing at the jobs we do.